Every day in March, our team of 17 gig-lovers will be walking, cycling or running to raise money for the Music Venue Trust.
The Gig-Ready Charity Challenge is a reason to get off the sofa, improve our mental health and give ourselves something to focus on while we count the days until the end of lockdown. Our aim is to support independent venues while we can’t visit them in person, and get ourselves fit and ready for a dance when gigs return to us later in the year.
We’re raising money for the Music Venue Trust‘s Save our Venues fund, which supports the independent venues that haven’t received funding over the pandemic, and are at risk of closure. In ‘normal’ times we’d be supporting these venues with our beer money, but right now we’re supporting them with our sweat instead.
Sponsor the team on Just Giving
The Gig-Ready Challenge Team
- Lucias Malcolm (Call Me Malcolm) is running a venue tour of all his favourite music spots (147km)
- Chris Lowry (Warrington Ska Punk) is running 150km (that’s his house to The Salty Dog in Northwich 7 times)
- Joe Papworth (Slopebite) is running 150km (a return trip from his house to The Crauford Arms in Milton Keynes)
- Matt Wilson (Dead Extras) is cycling from Leeds to the Camden Underworld! That’s 318km across the month.
- Danny Cummings (Fair Do’s / MPF) is cycling from Manchester to London’s New Cross Inn!
- Kirstie (Social Distance Warriors) is going to cycling 1000km
- Our team of walkers have pledged to walk 10,000 steps a day*
- Sarah Williams (Shout Louder)
- Andy Davies (TNSrecords / Knife Club / MPF)
- Charlotte Corry (Just Say Nay)
- Claire Schauberger
- Emma O’Connell (Nice As Pie Race)
- Holly Pops (Hell Hath No Fury / Burning Flag)
- Jo Parnham (Garlic Bread Club)
- Mark Bartlett (Our Lives In Cinema)
- Robyn Pierce (Colin’s Punk Rock World)
- Bee Bentall
- Ben Usaf
- Thom (Social Distance Warriors) is going to take it a step further and hit 14,920 steps every day (that the number of miles between Manchester and Edinburgh)
*Some walkers are walking 10k steps every single day, others are walking an average over 10k steps per day across the week.