June has the potential to either be a shining success or a hopeless disaster. Based on recent voting catastrophes, I’m fully prepared for an awful result on June 8th, and I do sometimes wish that shining beacons like Corbyn wouldn’t come along a give us leftie liberal types hope.
So, while you prepare to lose every shred of faith you have in humanity all over again, distract yourself with this splendid array of socially-conscious noise-mongers. There is no doubt that June holds some of the most exciting punk gigs on 2017 so far, and acts will be even angrier, feistier and more politically-charged than usual!
This is how I’ll be ignoring our inevitable doom:
Punx Inna Jungle – The Final Sozzle!
- Where: Antwerp Mansion, Manchester
- When: Saturday 17th June
- Who: INSANELY GOOD LINEUP ALERT
- Tickets: £7-10 from here
Known for being an absolute mauler of a night out, I’m seriously chuffed to be heading up to Manchester for the last ever Punx Inna Jungle. I can already taste the hangover.
MPF co-captains Anarchistic Undertones have pulled out all the stops with their last line-up, giving something for everyone. Drumroll please!
- Politically-charged ska-punk from faves Faintest Idea
- Riotous drunken folk punk from Matilda’s Scoundrels
- Enjoy a punch in the face from Grand Collapse’s unrelenting melodic thrash
- Throwing Stuff giving it hardcore thrash
- Scottish veterans PMX playing melodic punk
- Chaotic anarcho-ska from Wadeye
- Tech-metal-meets-skate-punk brilliance delivered by Fair Do’s
- Energetic punk fun from London DIY kings Wonk Unit
All this chaos will be taking place in the inappropriately named Antwerp Mansion. Apparently it’s never been a squat, but it definitely has that crusty, lived-in air, adequately setting the scene for debauchery that will last into the small hours. I look forward to seeing you all there, although there’s a good chance I may not remember it!