Earlier in 2018, Manchester speed-punks and DIY-scene heroes Revenge Of The Psychotronic Man saldy announced that they would be splitting up in December.
The band have been active for 14 years, playing over 500 gigs all over the UK and Europe. In true Revenge fashion, the band decided to go out in style rather than fading away, making 2018 one of their most active years to date.
They announced a collosal run of live dates, all leading up to one massive headline all-dayer at Rebellion bar in Manchester on Saturday 8th December. Revenge have curated a bill of 14 support acts who they’ve shared stages with many times in their career, all doing 20 minute sets. The bands are booked along with a host of other surprises, however they won’t be announced until just before the gig! There are just 110 tickets left this this once-in-a-lifetime show – get yours before they’re gone.
Alongside this run of final gigs, the band have also released That Was Just A Noise. The album features 26 tracks from between 2004 and 2018, including some previously unreleased material and a series of rarities.
Planet Earth II is one of those new tracks. Already a live favourite, the track is a homage of sorts to David Attenborough, but also a discussion about spending every weekend on the road, being constantly knackered at ‘real’ work, but so grateful for the experiences the DIY punk scene offers.
The video was recorded at the sold out Manchester Punk Festival in April 2018 by Bobby Stikah/Occlumus .
Make sure you get down to as many of Revenge’s final gigs as you can:
- Saturday 28 July – Wonkfest, Tufnell Park Dome, London
- Thursday 2 August – Rebellion Festival, Blackpool
- Sunday 12 August – Boomtown Fair
- Sunday 26 August – The Phoenix, High Wycombe
- Saturday 1 September – 1in12, Bradford
- Sunday 9 September – Museum Vaults, Sunderland
- Saturday 15 Sept – The Fulford Arms, York
- Saturday 22 September – Wagon And Horses, Birmingham
- Saturday 29th September – Wotsit Called Festival, The Palace, Hastings
- Friday 12 October, The Yorkshire House, Lancaster
- Saturday 13 October – The Exchange, Bristol
- Saturday 20 October – The Smokehouse, Ipswich
- Friday 26th October – Huset, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Saturday 27th October – 1000Fryd, Aalborg, Denmark
- Saturday 17 November – Red Rum, Stafford
- Friday 30 November – The Black Bull, Gateshead
- Saturday 8 December – Rebellion, Manchester (Plus after show party at Aatma)
You can pick up tickets for the unmissable final Revenge gig, This Is Just A Noise and a pretty incredible host of other records at www.tnsrecords.co.uk.