Darko are simultaneously one of the hardest-working and hardest-partying bands we know. They are all dedicated, intelligent and serious musicians… but that doesn’t mean that they’re above telling us about shitting a tent at Punk Rock Holiday.
Join us for this special episode of the Shout Louder Podcast with Dan Smith and Rob Piper of Guildford’s melodic hardcore tour-de-force: Darko. We have an in-depth chat, finishing with the most embarrassing Worst Time story we’ve heard yet.
We also tell the tale behind the ‘summer cocktail’ bundle they have recently announced, with a gorgeous yellow/pink/blue splatter re-press of their stunning album Bonsai Mammoth. I wanted to find out a bit more background behind some of the songs and how the band manage to balance their punk rock lifestyles with their day jobs.
You can also enjoy music from Forever Unclean, Money Left To Burn and A Wilhelm Scream. And Rob gets shat on by a bird. You wouldn’t want to miss that. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud or wherever you get your podcasts!
Darko’s summer cocktail bundle can be pre-ordered from Lockjaw Records, with special edition t-shirts and posters – you can pick up a copy here.
Darko are heading out on a rare UK tour with A Wilhelm Scream in two weeks time. Shout Louder strongly recommend that you go to as many dates on this tour as you possibly can. Here’s the full list:
- June 21st: Glasgow, Nice & Sleazy with Shout Louder’s personal faves The Affect Heuristic
- June 22nd: Manchester, Star & Garter with Fair Do’s and Throwing Stuff
- June 23rd: Norwich, Waterfront with Other Half
- June 24th: London, New Cross Inn part of Polite Riot Festival
- June 25th: Bristol, Exchange with The Run Up
- June 26th: Stafford, Redrum with Funeral Shakes and This Is The End
- June 27th: Southampton, Joiners with Almeida
The songs featured in this episode are:
- Darko – Life Forms (out now on Lockjaw Records and Bird Attack Records)
- Forever Unclean – Worthless (from their EP Float out on Disconnect Disconnect Records)
- Money Left To Burn – Victimized (from their VS split with The Affect Heuristic, out on Lockjaw Records)
- A Wilhelm Scream – Boat Builders (from their album Partycrasher)